Sunday 4 March 2012

FUTURE

My module is coming to an end so I thought I would look back at where my inspiration has come from when creating my samples and final piece of wearable art. I decided to go with the theme 'furistic'. As I would be moulding, manipulating and transforming fabric, the idea of more sctructural samples felt like experimentation I could have fun combining techniques.

Retro Futrism
























1960/70s space- age fashion 


























 Paco Rabane pushed the boundaries of his experimentation in
haute couture collection of his own in 1966 labelled '12 unwearable dresses in contemporary materials' He implemented materials that to date weren’t used in fashion, including metals, plastics paper, rubber and cardboard. This inspired me to experiment with plastic matting using to create sequins where I trapped fabric and yarn between PVA glue which I liked the effect of.

 
























Christopher Kane clutch AW11: www.chicityfashion.com
The fluid transparent clutch was also an source of inspiration when creatings sequins to put into samples. I wanted to create semi transparent sequins.


























My colour mood board was based around cool eggshell blues  like the amazing tin robot I got my hands on!

Architecture and monuments with futuristic influences. The
segmented design of these I found inspiration from. I could relate this to the patterns within technology and circuit boards, and the shapes of robot pieces.

 

 

 

   

Nakagin Capsule Tower in Shimbashi Tokyo

Spomenik monuments photographed by Jan Kempenaers

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

Iris Van Herpen Haute Couture SS 2011: style.com

Gordon Bennet's Robots: Trendland

Tubular structures in this collection was a concept which I took into my final piece. The tube structure echoes the shapes of robot pieces in the Gordon Bennett robot sculptures I researched. I also liked the idea of using triangles and diamond shapes within patchwork to explore this technique further.


Vogue October 2011 

I was pleased to have the opportunity to work with photography students from Newcastle College to present my final piece. I loved the Futuristic Femme Fatale Editorials in Vogue and this was my inspiration for styling my model at the Photoshoot.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment